Terms & Conditions
BP Castrol Lubricants (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd will provide the following warranty:
Subject to the terms contained herein, it agrees to repair or replace, at its option and expense, the engine parts listed in the coverage section that fail or experience abnormal wear due to the failure of Castrol motor oil to provide proper lubrication to the engine of the vehicle identified above.
You must register for your free Castrol Engine Warranty via online registration through
prior to making a claim otherwise you will not be covered
I. EFFECTIVE DATE
This warranty takes effect from and including the later of (a) the date falling 30 days the engine oil change is completed after the date of oil change and (b) the date on which the vehicle is driven for 1000 kilometers in addition to its odometer reading on the date of oil change, provided that registration has been completed to the satisfaction of BP Castrol Lubricants (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
A gasoline car or diesel car is eligible for this warranty if it is a privately-owned passenger car, SUV, van or pickup/light truck and if
- The vehicle has been driven for less than 150,000 kilometers and the vehicle is 12 years old or less at the time of service; and
- You can provide proof of service showing that the oil was changed as recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer during the period between the in-service date and the date of this application.
This warranty does not cover vehicles used for commercial, agricultural or farming purposes.
This warranty is provided for the Castrol engine oil products listed below and the periods specified.
If you use Castrol EDGE 0W-20, Castrol EDGE 0W-40, Castrol EDGE 5W-30, Castrol EDGE 5W-40, Castrol EDGE 10W-60, Castrol MAGNATEC SUV 5W-30, Castrol MAGNATEC STOP-START 0W-20 and Castrol MAGNATEC STOP-START 5W-30 after the first 1000 kilometers, the warranty lasts until the earlier of the date the vehicle is driven for 10,000 km; and the end of 6 months from the first day the vehicle was put in service.
If you use Castrol MAGNATEC 10W-30 and Castrol MAGNATEC 10W-40, after the 1000 km, the warranty lasts until the earlier of the date the vehicle is driven for 7,000 km; and the end of 3 months from the first day the vehicle was put in service.
Only the following listed engine parts are covered:
- Pistons and Rings
- Turbo Bearings
- Timing Chains
- Cylinder Lining or Bore
- Oil Pump
- Rods and Rod Bearings
- Balance Shafts & Push Rods
- Cam Shaft & Bearings
- Crankshaft & Bearings
- Valve Lifters
- Rocker Arms and Pivots
- Distributor Drive Gear (not applicable for diesel cars)
- Wrist Pins & Bushings
- Timing Gear or Sprockets
Valve Stems & Guides
(Grinding adjustments excluded)
V. LIMITS OF LIABILITY
- In no event shall the liability of BP Castrol Lubricants (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd exceed (a) RM16,000 for Castrol EDGE 0W-20, Castrol EDGE 0W-40, Castrol EDGE 5W-30, Castrol EDGE 5W-40, Castrol EDGE 10W-60, Castrol MAGNATEC SUV 5W-30, Castrol MAGNATEC STOP-START 0W-20 and Castrol MAGNATEC STOP-START 5W-30 and (b) RM10,000 for Castrol MAGNATEC 10W-30 and Castrol MAGNATEC 10W-40.
- Vehicles with a starting odometer mileage above 100,000 kilometers when registered for coverage, only have coverage of 50% of actual claim subject to maximum limits of (a) for Castrol EDGE 0W-20, Castrol EDGE 0W-40, Castrol EDGE 5W-30, Castrol EDGE 5W-40, Castrol EDGE 10W-60, Castrol MAGNATEC SUV 5W-30, Castrol MAGNATEC STOP-START 0W-20 and Castrol MAGNATEC STOP-START 5W-30, RM8,000 and (b) for Castrol MAGNATEC 10W-30 and Castrol MAGNATEC 10W-40, RM5,000.
To keep this warranty valid, you must comply with all of the following requirements:
- The vehicle engine must be serviced with the proper type and brand of Castrol motor oil,
Castrol recommends the intervals between motor oil change since registering for the Castrol Engine Warranty not exceeding 10,000 kilometers or six months if using Castrol EDGE 0W-20, Castrol EDGE 0W-40, Castrol EDGE 5W-30, Castrol EDGE 5W-40, Castrol EDGE 10W-60, Castrol MAGNATEC SUV 5W-30, Castrol MAGNATEC STOP-START 0W-20 and Castrol MAGNATEC STOP-START 5W-30, 7,000 kilometers or three months for Castrol MAGNATEC 10W-30 and Castrol MAGNATEC 10W-40, whichever shall occur first.
Under no circumstances, however, shall the intervals between motor oil changes exceed the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations for drain intervals as specified in the Owner’s Manual of the vehicle.
- The motor oil used must be appropriate viscosity grade based on ambient conditions.
- Top up should be made with same engine oil
- Engine oil should not be mixed with engine oil treatment or with any other additives
- The oil filter and air filter must be replaced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- All services referred in the section VI must be performed by Certified Castrol Auto Service workshops
- In the event of a claim, you must provide BP Castrol Lubricants (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd with satisfactory evidence that all of the requested services referred to in Section VI were performed.
IMPORTANT: You must retain copies of all service receipts and repair orders to collect on a claim under this warranty. These receipts must satisfactorily show that Castrol motor oil was used; the mileage and date each time the motor oil was put into the vehicle; and the time and date that other services referred to in Section VI were performed.
This warranty is subject to all of the following conditions and exclusions:
- It does not cover vehicles modified for, or used in, competitive events.
- It only covers factory-installed or OEM-specified engine parts.
- It does not cover corporate or leased vehicles.
It does not cover claims that are pre-existing conditions or the result of collision, negligent or intentional abuse, improper service or maintenance, defect in manufacturer, improper installation of any part, coolant contamination, or the failure to keep the motor oil and engine coolant at the levels prescribed by the manufacturer and herein.
BP Castrol Lubricants (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd. will not refuse payment for such claims that otherwise comply with the terms of this warranty, unless it demonstrates in good faith, that one or more of these causes resulted in the damage claimed.
- It does not cover claims also covered by the vehicle manufacturer’s warranty or any extended service warranty contract. However, if you have otherwise complied with the terms of this warranty BP Castrol Lubricants (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd will pay the deductible amount to be paid by you under any extended service warranty contract purchased by you which covers such a claim.
- This warranty is void if at the time you applied for this warranty, your vehicle had in excess of 150,000 kilometers and the vehicle was more than 12 years old at the time of service.
VIII.FILLING A CLAIM
Procedure to follow in the event of a claim under this warranty:
You must notify BP Castrol Lubricants (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd. of a claim prior to have any repairs / replacements made by via calling hotline +6018 222 0811
Claims must be made to BP Castrol Lubricants (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and not to or through a dealer or distributor.
You must provide BP Castrol Lubricants (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd. with all of the followings:
a. Information to identify your online registration. You have to make online registration prior to your claim, otherwise you will not be covered and will not be able to benefit from the coverage of the warranty.
b. Copies of all service repair orders/receipts that will verify compliance with the terms of the warranty
c. A copy of the current vehicle registration card/paper
e. A sample of the engine oil is to be provided at the time the claimed damage was discovered (Please contact Castrol Engine Warranty Hotline +6018 222 0811).
If it is apparent that the damage claimed is covered by this warranty and you have complied with all of its terms, we will approve the claim
BP Castrol Lubricants (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd has limited responsibilities under this warranty, specifically to the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged engine parts listed above in accordance with Section V above or, in the proper case, paying the deductible amount noted in, and in accordance with Section VII (4) above.